Sunday 6 December 2015

Third Project - Assets, Final Level Layout : 06-12-15


Still haven't received any new assets from the animators so as a precaution I have made my own containers as well as sprite sheet versions to use while we wait for the final assets if they are ever completed. I have also created new stairs and the particle effects for blood and spray paint fume. The blood will be dropped by players when they are injured by a hazard. The pain fume will appear around the player when they are painting marks around town. The particle is white but will be changed to the color of the player creating it in game.

I did hear from Jo asking if I wanted her to do anything on the final map, I told her that she could make it look a little dirty by adding mud and cracks to the roads, pathways, and buildings and add some abandoned vehicles around the streets. Hopefully this fills the town a bit more making it look like there were more people but have left before the quarantine came into effect. Right now the map looks quite bare with only the houses having furniture.

I've been keeping the GDD up to date and have also created a small "project management" document highlighting communication source, file locations and milestone checklists. It needs more work but I'm not entirely sure what else goes into it, this may be something discussed with Brendan tomorrow.







No comments:

Post a Comment