Saturday 11 July 2015

Post 11-07-15 : Play Test 2 and marketing Virion


The play tests went fairly well, it was a pretty busy day. There were five or so in 2.6 and around four computers in use in 2.9 but we ended up setting up more computers as more people showed up to play our game. Unfortunately I ended up coming in about an hour late so I didn't get to help set up most of the computers and see what levels they chose. There were a lot of people coming in from the other room expecting a different game which made me wonder if people were actually enjoying it. I still need to look over the answers to the questionnaire and watch the recordings so I may be overthinking this.

Apart from the play test we met some animators and got our new brief. I was happy to meet Hamish and Jo and I look forward to seeing their skills, as for the brief I was surprised to see that we have to make a prototype about a child. Or not necessarily about the child but the player has to operate a child character and feel wily. We started brainstorming but kept thinking of what can a child do to feel wily, until we started thinking that it's not the child that needs to feel this emotion but the player.We came up with the idea, among others, that the player has to get their child character into as much trouble as possible, it's an interesting idea but I'm not sure where we can go with it so I don't believe it will be our final decision.

I look forward to working on this project but I feel that the last half of the trimester will be extremely busy considering the game Sean, Adam and I are making for CIU and the possible job as a freelance artist for a small indie group that I have applied for. Hopefully the work load won't put me under too much stress over the next seven weeks.

Sean, Hayden, Nick and I also want to start working on VIRION as a professional project and start an indie team together. Apparently this will take more money to accomplish than I was expecting which is why I applied for that job. As exiting as it is, start a small company is also very scary and I'm paranoid about how successful it will turn out. We still need to have a meeting to discuss this as well as what we need to continue doing for VIRION, I was told that we may be having that meeting tonight but I haven't heard or seen anything about it as of yet. I would like to talk about this as soon as possible to work out time and task allocation. the new prototype 3 group also needs to have a meeting this weekend to work out what we are going to do for that project.

No comments:

Post a Comment